Sunday, March 15, 2009

Why Anime is Just As Good

Lots of people consider anime to be the realm of geeks. After all, it's just cartoons right? I say that's ignorance.

Much like early Disney, anime; and the western animated films and shows based on it, are not afraid to tackle real issues. Sometimes this involves wacky metaphors, sometimes it's just brutally in your face about it.

Anime allows a story teller to take on just about any possible subject. Does that occasionally result in shows and movies so bizzare you wonder what the writers are on? Yes, but I can say the same for many live action TV shows too.

Like everything it's all a matter of taste, yet some people put down anime fans in general. Two people might love mystery's, but if one likes anime mystery's, the other one might hold an attitude ranging from insulting to downright disdain.

Why is that I wonder? I have yet to figure out what is so "nerdish" about anime. To me it's just another form of entertainment. A rich 'mind scape' of possibilities to explore. I can watch any genre, and some only available as anime.

I suppose the crux of it, is that some people just need to feel superior to others. After all, the video game and computer was once the realm of geeks. Now the people that don't play games and know computers are the weird ones. Perhaps it's just a matter of time till us narutards are the norm.

Now if you will kindly excuse me, I am missing Bleach.

My name is Ryan and I am a long time fan of Anime. From my early days watching Toonami, to my late nights tracking down hard to find series. http://acidhedz.com/wordpress/?p=2067

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ryan_C_Murphy

0 comments: